Standard 11 – Surface induction Course
Release Number: 1
ACTA Group key participant target group for this course are individuals wishing to complete initial induction requirements to be able to work in a surface mining operation.
Participants may complete the program earlier than these timelines through achievement of RPL or credit transfer. Please refer to the ACTA Group Student Handbook for further information
Course Entry Requirements
Nil mandatory requirements.
ACTA Group Course Admission Requirements
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Have completed Year 10 in the Australian school system or equivalent; and
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills equivalent to ASCF Level 1.
Once completing initial training (and receiving a Statement of Completion), participants must be employed in a role within a surface mining operation in order to complete onsite assessment for the issue of a Statement of Attainment in the relevant units of competency.
Participant Identification Requirements
Minimum identification requirements must be met prior to enrolment:
- Provision of the participant’s Unique Student Identifier (USI); and
- Provision of Australian legal photo identification for assessment purposes.
There is no direct link between this qualification and licensing, legislative and/or regulatory requirements.
Please refer to ACTA Group’s Schedule of Tuition Fees for further in information and to determine the course fees for your course engagement:
|Course Name||Standard 11 – Surface mining induction|
|Course Duration||2 day/ 3 day options|
|Course Schedule||Weekly / Monthly|
|Course Times||8.00am to 4.00pm|
|Location||4/19 Central Drive, Burleigh Heads Gold Coast QLD 4220|
Further training pathways for participants considering this course include:
- RIIRIS Risk Management units
- RIIOHS Occupational Health and Safety units and Inspections,
- RIIHAN Load handling units
- RIIERR Emergency Response and Rescue units
- RIIBLA Blasting units (for shot firing)
- RII30112 Certificate III in Surface Extraction Operations
- RII30112 Certificate III in Underground Coal Operations
- RII30311 Certificate III in underground Metalliferous Mining
- RII30411 Certificate III in Resource Processing
- RII30509 Certificate III in Mining Exploration
- RII30611 Certificate III in Small Mining Operations
- RII30709 Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response and Rescue
- RII30815 Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations
- RII30912 Certificate III in Civil Construction
- RII31609 Certificate III in Trenchless Technology
- RII31209 Certificate III in Civil Foundations
- RII31809 Certificate III in Drilling Operations
These courses represent a logical pathway regardless of whether ACTA Group offers the courses.
There are no fixed credit agreements in place with any other institution for participants completing this qualification.
Total number of units =
6 required units.
|Unit code & name||Pre-requisite / Co-requisite||Nominal Hours|
|RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace||Nil||20|
|RIIGOV201D Comply with site work processes and procedures||Nil||20|
|RIIERR302D Respond to local emergencies and incidents||Nil||20|
|RIIERR205D Apply initial first aid||Nil||20|
|RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and pr|