CPPFES2005A – Demonstrate First Attack Firefighting Equipment (Release 1)
This half-day, nationally accredited qualification has been designed to reflect the legislation, roles and responsibilities of workers throughout Australia. All businesses have to provide a safe work environment for all employees, visitors and contractors. Due to this, The Building Fire Safety Regulations 1991 state that “All workplaces are to be fitted with adequate firefighting equipment and have annual fire instruction and evacuation training.” To prevent injury and to help reduce fire damage, all employees should be trained in the safe use of fire extinguishers and understand how to respond safely to a fire in the workplace. Our training is conducted by experienced trainers and Industry experts who strive to deliver high-quality, professional, practical, and contextualized training that meet the needs of your specific work environments. This course has been designed to provide participants with the skills and knowledge to effectively respond to a workplace fire and safely provide the outcome required using various first attack firefighting equipment in emergency situations. Such as portable fire extinguisher, fire hose reels and fire blankets.
Upon request, ACTA Group provide flexible delivery options whilst meeting national standards of compliance and safety.
- Group booking discounts apply
- Courses run weekly/monthly
- Course times between 7:45 am – 12pm
- Half Day courses
- Classroom/Training Facility or Onsite Training
- Corporate packages
- Real life training conducted by our Nationally Recognised Industry specialist trainer and assessors.
- Gold Coast – Burleigh Heads
- Brisbane – Salisbury: (requires minimum 2 students to run class)
The Demonstrate first attack firefighting equipment courses are delivered in standard lecture format with practical demonstrations included and active participation obligatory. Written assignments will also be an essential element of the course.
Upon successful completion, graduates of the course will receive a Statement of Attainment as well as an ID card to signify your eligibility to Demonstrate first attack firefighting equipment for the purposes of employment.
- Correct use of portable fire extinguishers to extinguish simulated fires
- Determining fire type and classification
- Selecting fire extinguishers to attack different fires
- Demonstrating the safe use of fire extinguishers according to manufacturers’ instructions and relevant OHS and workplace policies and procedures
- Correct use of fire hose reels
- Demonstrating the safe use of hose reels according to manufacturers’ instructions and relevant OHS and workplace policies and procedures
- Ensuring water is turned off in the approved sequence and hose reel is checked for leaks
- Ensuring hose reel is rewound correctly after use
- Correct use of fire blanket
- Demonstrating the safe use of fire blankets according to manufacturers’ instructions and relevant OHS and workplace policies and procedures
- Understanding the Fire Tetrahedron
- Raising the alarm
- Fire Safety & Evacuation
- Types of Fire Extinguishers
- Firefighting Tactics
- Practical Fire Extinguisher, Fire Blanket & Fire Hose Reel scenarios
- Fire safety, evacuation and working with the Fire Wardens
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have completed Year 10 in the Australian school system or equivalent; and
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills equivalent to ASCF Level 2.
- Provision of the participant’s Unique Student Identifier (USI); and
- Provision of Australian legal photo identification for assessment purposes.
- Must wear enclosed shoes
Please see the link for all Training Pathway options for Demonstrate first attack firefighting equipment: