Upon request, ACTA Group provide flexible delivery options whilst meeting national standards of compliance and safety.
- Group booking discounts apply
- Courses run weekly/monthly
- Course times between 7:45 am/4 pm
- 1 day course
- Classroom/Training Facility or Onsite Training
- Corporate packages
- Real life training conducted by our Nationally Recognised Industry specialist trainer and assessors.
- Gold Coast – Burleigh Heads
- Brisbane – Salisbury: (requires minimum 2 students to run class)
The Perform Tower Rescue course is delivered in standard lecture format with practicle demonstrations included and active participation obligatory. Written assignments will also be an essential element of the course.
Upon successful completion, graduates of the course will receive a Statement of Attainment to signify your eligibility to Perform Tower Rescue for the purposes of employment.
- Knowledge on relevant legislation and Australian Standards
- Preparing and responding to a rescue
- Contributing to hazard identification and risk assessment tasks
- Identifying, selecting, and preparing the necessary rescue equipment
- Concluding rescue operations
- Identifying the need for emergency care
- Assessing the casualty and implementing emergency care
- Communicating appropriately with casualties and emergency services personnel
- Cleaning and maintaining rescue equipment in accordance with Manufactures Guidelines.
- Accurately completing all the required documentation in line with legislative, regulatory, and organisational requirements.
- Selecting and rigging safe anchor points.
- Industry best practice for climbing and descending a structure
- Performing an abseil descent.
- Identifying numerous methods of accessing the casualty
- Using double hook lanyards
- Using fixed ropes or fixed ladders on communications towers
- Rescue techniques (self-rescue and “pick-off” techniques)
- Recommendations and advice for specialised PPE and equipment for your particular workplace
- Practical hands on training to ensure workers can perform tower rescue safely
- A Work Safely at Heights Certificate (RIIWHS204E or equivalent) issued within the last 2 years, prior to attending this course
- A current HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation accreditation or Statement of Attainment
- Be at least 15 years of age.
- Have completed Year 10 in the Australian school system or equivalent; and
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills equivalent to ACSF Level 2.
- Provision of the participant’s Unique Student Identifier (USI); and
- Provision of Australian legal photo identification for assessment purposes.
- Must wear enclosed shoes
- UET20319- Certificate II in ESI – Powerline Vegetation Control
- UET20419- Certificate II in Transmission Structure and Line Assembly
- UET20519- Certificate II in National Broadband Network Cabling (Electricity Supply Industry Assets)
- UET20619- Certificate II in ESI – Asset Inspection
- UET30519- Certificate III in ESI – Power Systems – Transmission Overhead
- UET30619- Certificate III in ESI – Power Systems – Distribution Overhead
- UET30719- Certificate III in ESI – Power Systems – Rail Traction
- UET30819- Certificate III in ESI – Power Systems – Distribution Cable Jointing
- ET30919- Certificate III in ESI – Remote Community Utilities Worker
- UET40419- Certificate IV in ESI – Network Systems
- UET40519- Certificate IV in ESI – Power Systems Substations
- UET40619- Certificate IV in ESI – Power Systems Network Infrastructure
- UET50219- Diploma of ESI – Power Systems
- UET50319- Diploma of ESI – Power Systems Operations
- UET60219- Advanced Diploma of ESI – Power Systems
- UET60319- Advanced Diploma of ESI – Power Systems Operations