We employ approximately 155,000 people including contractors and we provide people with the opportunity to develop and grow their expertise and the confidence to grow their careers.
Ref. No. RJH630
Glencore Port Operations are currently advertising multiple opportunities that exist for the position of Operator. Reporting to the Supervisor – Operations, the primary purpose of this position is to safely and effectively perform operational tasks at the Townsville Port Operations facilities. This position is residentially based in Townsville. The Port Operations currently operate on 4 on/ 4 off with a 42hr week utilities roster on a rotational basis including night shifts and weekend work.
You will be responsible for:
- Operational duties related to rail unloading, stockpile storage, and ship loading mineral concentrates and fertiliser.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Self-starting attitude, as well as the ability to work well in a team
- Heavy industry experience will be viewed favourably
- Exposure to material handling operational work
- Licenses in front end-loader (LL, RIIMPO321D) and forklift (LF, RIIHAN201D) are preferable
We strongly encourage operational personnel who have experience in conveyor systems, rail unloaders and ship loading equipment to apply.
For further information, please contact Jessica Zappala on (07) 4781 8427.
Applications will only be accepted via glencore.com/careers quoting reference number RJH630.
Applications close: 8:00am on Friday, 25th January 2019