Certificate III in Civil Construction & Plant Operations RII30813
What is User Choice Program?
User choice is designed to provide funding aligned with industry skills needs. The program provides a government funded contribution towards the cost of training and assessment services for eligible Queensland apprentices and trainees.
What if I have industry experience?
If you already have experience in the industry you may receive recognition of prior learning (RPL) for some of the knowledge and skills you’ve gained through work and life experiences.
Benefits to the student or employer!
- No loss of productivity to student or business
- Payroll tax exemption to business
- $4000 incentive for employer to put each student through the training
- Onsite training and assessments where the trainers can come to you
4 Easy Steps
- Complete enrolment paperwork with ACTA Group and Australian Apprenticeship Support Network
- Trainer contacts student to complete the skills assessment
- Complete gap training
- Receive certificate upon successful completion of qualification
- Aged 15 years or older
- No longer attending school
- Permanently resides in Queensland
- An Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, temporary resident with necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency or a New Zealand citizen
- Not holding or currently enrolled in a Certificate 3 or higher qualification (not including qualifications completed at school)
Units of Competency
RIIBEF201D Plan and organise work
RIICCM201D Carry out measurements and calculations
RIICCM202D Identify, locate and protect underground services
RIICCM203D Read and interpret plans and specifications
RIICCM205D Carry out manual excavation
RIICCM206D Support plant operations
RIICCM207D Spread and compact materials manually
RIICCM208D Carry out basic levelling
RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace
RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
RIISAM201D Handle resources and infrastructure materials and safely dispose of nontoxic materials
RIISAM203D Use hand and power tools
RIISAM204D Operate small plant and equipment
RIIWMG203D Drain and dewater civil construction site
Consists of 19 units of competency:
14 Core units
5 Elective units