Standard 11 Generic Surfers Induction
RIISS00034 – Surface Coal Mine Safety Skill Set (Release 2)
The Standard 11 Generic Induction (Surface) course provides training on the skills and knowledge required for working in surface coal mine, under the Queensland Government Mines Inspectorate’s Recognised Standard 11 (Qld Coal Mining Safety and Health Act 1999).
This entry-level course is essential for those wishing to begin work in Queensland’s mining industry. ACTA Group is a licensed Registered Training Organisation, and industry-recognised as a leading provider of high-quality mining courses. Our Standard 11 – Surface Induction training program, is applicable for both coal and metalliferous mines, and exceeds most other state requirements for general safety in induction.
Upon request, ACTA Group provide flexible delivery options whilst meeting national standards of compliance and safety.
- Group booking discounts apply
- Courses run weekly/monthly
- Course times between 7:45 am/4 pm
- 3 day course, flexible to learners who may need more to complete
- Classroom or Onsite Training
- Corporate packages
- Real life facilities, done with Nationally Recognised, current and competent trainers
- Gold Coast – Burleigh Heads
- Brisbane – Salisbury/requires minimum 2 students to run class
- Sunshine Coast – Nambour/requires minimum 2 students to run class
- Hervey Bay – Urangan/requires minimum 2 students to run class
The Standard 11 – Surface Induction course is delivered in standard lecture format, with demonstrations included and active participation obligatory. Written assignments will also be an essential element of the course.
- RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace
- RIIRIS201D Conduct local risk control
- RIIGOV201D Comply with site work processes/procedures
- RIIERR302E Respond to local emergencies and incidents
- RIIERR205D Apply initial first aid
This Skill Set can provide credit toward a number of Certificate II and III Qualifications in the Resources and Infrastructure Industry Training Package.
Upon successful completion, graduates of the course will receive a Statement of Completion as well as an ID card to signify your eligibility to enter a mine for the purposes of employment. Once employment is achieved, the employer must sign-off on third-party tasks performed on-site with the site supervisor and brought back to ACTA Group to receive your Statement of Attainment.
- Generic Induction
- Perform pre-start and post-start inspections/checks
- Australian Standards, Codes of Practice & Legislation
- Select and wear personal protective equipment appropriate for work activities
- Workplace Communication
- Risk management & safety requirements
- Recognizing workplace hazards
- Isolation and tagging procedures
- Traffic and mobile equipment procedures
- Applying initial first aid
- Fire fighting
- Emergency response procedures
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Have completed Year 10 in the Australian school system or equivalent; and
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills equivalent to ASCF Level 1.
- Provision of the participant’s Unique Student Identifier (USI); and
- Provision of Australian legal photo identification for assessment purposes.
- Must wear enclosed shoes
This Skill Set can provide credit toward a number of Certificate II and III Qualifications in the Resources and Infrastructure Industry Training Package
- RIIRIS Risk Management units
- RIIWHS Workplace Health and Safety units and Inspections,
- RIIHAN Load handling units
- RIIERR Emergency Response and Rescue units
- RIIBLA Blasting units (for shot firing)
- RII30112 Certificate III in Surface Extraction Operations
- RII30112 Certificate III in Underground Coal Operations
- RII30311 Certificate III in underground Metalliferous Mining
- RII30411 Certificate III in Resource Processing
- RII30509 Certificate III in Mining Exploration
- RII30611 Certificate III in Small Mining Operations
- RII30709 Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response and Rescue
- RII30815 Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations
- RII30912 Certificate III in Civil Construction
- RII31609 Certificate III in Trenchless Technology
- RII31209 Certificate III in Civil Foundations
- RII31809 Certificate III in Drilling Operations
Thank you again for your interest in this course program. Please contact ACTA Group’s Participant Support team on 1300 011 144 or email@example.com to commence the application process[/vc_column_text]