Upon request, ACTA Group provide flexible delivery options whilst meeting national standards of compliance and safety.
- Group booking discounts apply
- Courses run weekly/monthly
- Course times between 7.45am/4pm
- 3 day course = $2400
- 1 day course for RPL = $890 – half trainer fee + dry hire
- Training x 1 day theory $500, 1x dry hire $640
- 5 day course for cleanskin operators/new starters = $3500
- Supply your own machine:
- 3 day course = $750
- 5 day course = $999
- Classroom or Onsite Training
- Corporate packages
- Real life facilities, done with industry experienced, current and competent trainers
- Onsite practical training, within a live quarry training in a haul truck, under loading machines (excavator, loader) on a live functioning site.
Recognition of Prior Learning/RPL: Recognition of prior learning (RPL) is all about the skills and knowledge you’ve collected through work and life experiences and then transferring them to current training course requirements. RPL students must be able to demonstrate currency operating machine and complete all assessments without fail, to be deemed competent to operate machine safely and given a Statement of Attainment.
- Ipswich – quarry
- Onsite – we come to your site.
The Conduct rigid haul truck operations course is delivered in standard lecture format, with demonstrations included and active participation obligatory. Written assignments will also be an essential element of the course.
Upon successful completion, graduates of the course will receive a Statement of Attainment to signify their eligibility to conduct rigid haul truck operations for the purposes of employment.
- conducting prestart and start-up checks prior to commencing operations
- driving and manoeuvring rigid haul vehicle and adjusting techniques to suit site conditions
- operating rigid haul vehicle within equipment operating capacities
- positioning the rigid haul vehicle for loading of materials under at least one of the following types of loading equipment:
- wheel loaders
- conveyor belts
- hauling materials to designated location/s i.e. Tip Head, Crusher pocket, Waste Dump
- positioning the haul truck for dumping of materials
- unloading materials from the rear of the vehicle in designated location and limiting spillage
- conducting vehicle shutdown and refuelling
- identifying issues with vehicle equipment
- In the course of the above work the candidate must also:
- locate and apply relevant documentation, policies and procedures
- select and wear personal protective equipment required for work activities
- apply safe work practices and identify and report potential hazards and environmental issues, and assess risks
- monitor and manage equipment performance using indicators and alarms
- identify common equipment faults
- inspect and prepare work area
- enter and exit the vehicle using three point of contact techniques
- use a range of communications techniques and equipment essential to the safe completion of work instruction, to convey information to others
- meet written and verbal reporting requirements and procedures associated with rigid haul truck operations
- Be at least 15 years of age;
- Have completed Year 10 in the Australian school system or equivalent; and
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills equivalent to ACSF Level 2.
- Provision of the participant’s Unique Student Identifier (USI); and
- Provision of Australian legal photo identification for assessment purposes.
- Must wear steal cap boots
- RII40215 Certificate IV in Surface Coal Mining
- RII30615 Certificate III in Small Mining Operations
- RII30415 Certificate III in Resource Processing
- RII30815 Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations
- RII30115 Certificate III in Surface Extraction Operations
Thank you again for your interest in this course program. Please contact ACTA Group’s Participant Support team on 1300 011 144 or email@example.com to commence the application process
The standard course duration is two weeks.
Participants may complete the program earlier than these timelines through achievement of RPL or credit transfer. Please refer to the ACTA Group Student Handbook for further information.
Employment Pathways for this course include:
- Construction Worker.
- Plant Operator.
- Mobile Plant Operator.