ACTA Group is committed to maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of its personnel and student records.
This policy is designed to maintain requirements with additional state jurisdictional requirements including:
- Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000 (Cth);
- Information Privacy Act 2014 (ACT);
- Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (NSW);
- Information Act 2003 (NT);
- Information Privacy Act 2009(QLD);
- Information Privacy Act 2000 (VIC); and
- Personal Information Protection Act 2004 (TAS).
ACTA Group manages personal information in an open and transparent way. This is evident in the implementation of practices, procedures and systems we outline in this policy, that ensure our compliance with the APPs and any binding registered APP code, and provide suitable procedures for ACTA Group personnel to be able to deal with related inquiries and complaints that may be received from time to time.
1.1. Australian Privacy Principles
The following sections of this policy outline how we manage personal information.
1.1.1. Australian Privacy Principle 1 – Open and transparent management of personal information
Purposes for information collection, retention, use and disclosure
ACTA Group retains a record of personal information about all individuals with whom we undertake any form of business activity. ACTA Group must collect, hold, use and disclose information from our clients and stakeholders for a range of purposes, including but not limited to:
- Providing services to clients;
- Managing employee and contractor teams;
- Promoting products and services;
- Conducting internal business functions and activities; and Requirements of stakeholders.
As a government registered training organisation, regulated by the Australian Skills Quality Authority, ACTA Group is required to collect, hold, use and disclose a wide range of personal and sensitive information on students in nationally recognised training programs. This information requirement is outlined in the National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011 and associated legislative instruments. In particular, the legislative instruments:
- Student Identifiers Act 2014 (Cth);
- Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015 (Cth); Higher Education Support Act 2003 (Cth); and Data Provision Requirements 2012 (Cth).
It is noted that ACTA Group is also bound by various State Government Acts requiring similar information collection, use and disclosure (particularly Education Act(s), Vocational Education & Training Act(s) and Traineeship & Apprenticeships Act(s) relevant to state jurisdictions of ACTA Group operations).
It is further noted that, aligned with these legislative requirements, ACTA Group delivers services through a range of Commonwealth and State Government funding contract agreement arrangements, which also include various information collection and disclosure requirements.