Standard 11 – Online Refresher $350.00
Hit the enroll now button and get started straight away.
On completion you will be emailed further instructions on how to send back an copy of your original Statement of Attainment. We DO NOT accept wallet cards.
The Standard 11 Generic Induction (Surface) course provides training on the skills and knowledge required for working in surface coal mine, under the Queensland Government Mines Inspectorate’s Recognised Standard 11 (Qld Coal Mining Safety and Health Act 1999).
It is the responsibility of the Site Senior Executive at a mine to ensure that refresher training occurs.
The Coal Mining Safety and Health Regulation 2001 (QLD), section 84, requires that each coal mine worker at the mine, including each worker holding a senior management or supervisory position and each worker holding a certificate of competency is given refresher training under the mine training scheme at least once in every five years.
This assessment is this online refresher course involves a series of quizzes with a set of questions. On completion of the course, a Refresher Statement of Completion is completed that supports practice within Qld Mining for up to the coming 5 years.
You will have 30 days from registration in the course to complete the refresher.
- Online – nationwide 24/7
Refresher training regimes are to be based around the individual’s role and responsibilities as defined by the sites safety and health management system.
- RIIWHS201E Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- RIICOM201E Communicate in the workplace
- RIIRIS201D Conduct local risk control
- RIIGOV201E Comply with site work processes/procedures
- RIIERR302E Respond to local emergencies and incidents
- RIIERR205D Apply initial first aid
As a minimum, personnel need to be refreshed in their knowledge of:
- Safe operation of machinery they are required to use;
- Emergency escape from their places of work;
- Their role in identifying and responding to hazards in their work area; and
- Their role in actioning any part of the mine safety management system that has been allocated to them or persons conducting their role/position description.
- Be at least 15 years of age;
- Have completed Year 10 in the Australian school system or equivalent; and
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills equivalent to ACSF Level 2.
As a refresher, the individual who completed this course already holds a Statement of Attainment for these six (6) Units of Competency. Industry sites wishing to confirm currency for Coal Mining Safety and Health Regulation 2001 (Qld) requirements should view both the individual’s original Statement of Attainment for these units in addition to this Statement of Completion confirming induction currency has been maintained via completion of the refresher course.
Before you start, please have the following ready. You will only need these if your site requires a Statement of Attainment instead of Statement of Completion.
- USI – Unique Student Identifier
- A clear scanned copy of your current drivers licence (both sides)
- A copy of your current Statement of Attainment with all six units no older than 5 years
We cannot except cards as evidence, you must provide your Statement of attainment listing all units
This online refresher course is therefore designed as a refresher for experienced miners, with a focus on how to work safely in a mining environment in the Queensland mining industry. As all participants already hold a Statement of Attainment for these six units of competency as part of their original Standard 11 Induction training, these are not issued again by ACTA Group.
The assessment in this online refresher course involves a series of quizzes with set questions. On completion of the course, a Refresher Statement of Completion is issued that supports practice for the next five years.
Thank you again for your interest in this course program. Please contact ACTA Group’s Participant Support team on 1300 011 144 or email@example.com to commence the application process.
ENROLL & START ONLINE REFRESHER COURSE NOW learn.actagroup.com.au/
Please refer to ACTA Group’s Schedule of Tuition Fees for further in information and to determine the course fees for your course engagement:
|Course Name||Standard 11 – Online Refresher|
|Course Duration||30 day access to complete online course|
|Course Schedule||Daily / Weekly / Monthly|
|Location||4/19 Central Drive, Burleigh Heads Gold Coast QLD 4220|
Employment pathways for this course include:
- Mobile Plant Operator
- Hazard identification
- Risk control
- Isolating and tagging
- Manual handling
- Use and control of hazardous substances