This assessment is this online refresher course involves a series of quizzes with a set of questions. On completion of the course, a Refresher Statement of Completion is completed that supports practice within Civil Construction and Mining for up to the coming 2 years.
You will have 30 days from registration in the course to complete the refresher.
On completion, you will be emailed further instructions on how to send back a copy of your original Statement of Attainment dated after 2015. We DO NOT accept wallet cards or Statements of Attainment dated prior to 2015.
- Online – nationwide 24/7
Refresher training regimes are to be based around the individual’s role and responsibilities as defined by the sites safety and health management system.
- RIIWHS204E Work Safely at Heights (Release 1)
As a minimum, personnel need to be refreshed in their knowledge of:
- Locates and applies relevant documentation, policies and procedures
- Demonstrates completion of working safely at heights that safely, effectively and efficiently meets all of the required outcomes on more than one (1) occasion including:
- Accessing, interpreting and applying technical and safety information for working at heights
- Assessing hazards and risk associated with working at heights and implement control methods
- Selecting wearing and caring for personal protective equipment
- Identifying required safety systems including fall protection and associated equipment
- Checking that fitting, adjusting and anchoring of fall protection and associated equipment is correct
- Performing work safely at heights
- Be at least 15 years of age;
- Have completed Year 10 in the Australian school system or equivalent; and
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills equivalent to ACSF Level 2.
As a refresher, the individual who completed this course already holds a Statement of Attainment for RIIWHS204E Work safely at heights. This does not have an expiry date, however (Work at Heights Association) and industry standards recommend retraining every two years.
Refresher training is advised every two years due to changes in Australian Standards & Industry Standards. Changes in WHS legislation, Regulations and Codes of Practice are an important factor for individuals to ensure they remain current.
Authorised personal should view both the individual’s original Statement of Attainment for these units in addition to this Statement of Completion confirming induction currency has been maintained via completion of the refresher course.
Before you start please have the following ready. You will only need these if your site or employer require a Statement of Attainment instead of Statement of Completion.
- USI – Unique Student Identifier
- A clear scanned copy of your current drivers licence (both sides)
- A copy of your current Statement of Attainment dated after 2015. We will not accept Statements of Attainment dated prior to 2015. If you do not have access to your Statement of Attainment, you can log into your USI student portal and download a VET Transcript http://www.usi.gov.au