RIIWHS204D Work Safely at Height
Enroll now actagroup.vetr.com.au
Many wrongly assume that working at heights means working on high, multi-storey buildings. However, such dangerous situations and resulting injuries can occur at heights as low as two metres. It is therefore imperative that a working at heights course is completed regardless of the height of the platform you are working on.
Guided by legislation, the aim of this course is to teach all issues related to working at heights, so that participants can be equipped with an understanding of all the requirements and procedures. This course will help participants comply and adhere to all workplace health and safety (WHS) procedures.
With its focus on risk assessment and safety, this course will allow participants to feel comfortable and confident to work at heights – and be able to react if any dangers were to occur.
This assessment is this online refresher course involves a series of quizzes with a set of questions. On completion of the course, a Refresher Statement of Completion is completed that supports practice within Civil Construction and Mining for up to the coming 2 years.
You will have 30 days from registration in the course to complete the refresher.
- Online – nationwide 24/7
Refresher training regimes are to be based around the individual’s role and responsibilities as defined by the sites safety and health management system.
- RIIWHS204D Work Safely at Heights (Release 4)
As a minimum, personnel need to be refreshed in their knowledge of:
- Locates and applies relevant documentation, policies and procedures
- Demonstrates completion of working safely at heights that safely, effectively and efficiently meets all of the required outcomes on more than one (1) occasion including:
- Accessing, interpreting and applying technical and safety information for working at heights
- Assessing hazards and risk associated with working at heights and implement control methods
- Selecting wearing and caring for personal protective equipment
- Identifying required safety systems including fall protection and associated equipment
- Checking that fitting, adjusting and anchoring of fall protection and associated equipment is correct
- Performing work safely at heights
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Have completed Year 10 in the Australian school system or equivalent; and
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills equivalent to ASCF Level 1.
As a refresher, the individual who completed this course already holds a Statement of Attainment for Work Safely at Heights. This does not have an expiry date, however (Work at Heights Association) and industry standards recommend retraining every two years.
Refresher training is advised every two years due to changes in Australian Standards & Industry Standards. Changes in WHS legislation, Regulations and Codes of Practice are an important factor for individuals to ensure they remain current.
Authorised personal should view both the individual’s original Statement of Attainment for these units in addition to this Statement of Completion confirming induction currency has been maintained via completion of the refresher course.
Thank you again for your interest in this course program. Please contact ACTA Group’s Participant Support team on 1300 011 144 or email@example.com to commence the application process!