Operate Elevated Work Platform – Online Refresher
This unit describes a participant’s skills and knowledge required to operate an elevating work platform in the Resources and Infrastructure Industries. This unit is appropriate for those working in operational roles.
This nationally recognised course aims to teach applicants all the skills necessary to work on an elevating work platform (EWP). Unlike TLILIC2005A, however, this course is for EWP machinery – usually with a maximum or nominal height below 11 metres.
This assessment is this online refresher course involves a series of quizzes with a set of questions. On completion of the course, a Refresher Statement of Completion is completed that supports practice within Civil Construction and Mining for up to the coming 2 years.
You will have 30 days from registration in the course to complete the refresher.
- Online – nationwide 24/7
Refresher training regimes are to be based around the individual’s role and responsibilities as defined by the sites safety and health management system.
- RIIHAN301E Operate elevating work platform
As a minimum, personnel need to be refreshed in their knowledge of:
- Locates and applies relevant documentation, policies and procedures
- Implements the requirements, procedures and techniques for the safe, effective and efficient completion of operating elevating work platforms including:
- Selecting and using the required plant, tools and equipment
- Planning and preparing for operating elevating work platforms
- Identifying, addressing and/or reporting, verbally or in writing monitoring systems and alarms
- Identifying and following procedures in emergency or hazardous situations
- Applying hand-eye coordination
- Works effectively with others to undertake and complete the operation of elevating work platforms that meet all of the required outcomes including:
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Have completed Year 10 in the Australian school system or equivalent; and
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills equivalent to ASCF Level 1.
As a refresher, the individual who completed this course already holds a Statement of Attainment for Operate elevating work platform. This does not have an expiry date, however industry standards recommend retraining every two years.
Refresher training is advised every two years due to changes in Australian Standards & Industry Standards. Changes in WHS legislation, Regulations and Codes of Practice are an important factor for individuals to ensure they remain current.
Authorised personal should view both the individual’s original Statement of Attainment for these units in addition to this Statement of Completion confirming induction currency has been maintained via completion of the refresher course.
Thank you again for your interest in this course program. Please contact ACTA Group’s Participant Support team on 1300 011 144 or email@example.com to commence the application process!