Upon request, ACTA Group provide flexible delivery options whilst meeting national standards of compliance and safety.
- Group booking discounts apply
- Courses run weekly/monthly
- Course times between 7am/4pm
- Classroom or Onsite Training
- Corporate packages
- Real life facilities, done with industry experienced, current and competent trainers
Recognition of Prior Learning/RPL: Recognition of prior learning (RPL) is all about the skills and knowledge you’ve collected through work and life experiences and then transferring them to current training course requirements. RPL students must be able to demonstrate currency operating machine and complete all assessments without fail, to be deemed competent to operate machine safely and given a Statement of Attainment.
- Gold Coast – Burleigh Heads
- Brisbane – Salisbury
- Onsite – we come to your site.
To be awarded the Certificate III in Civil Construction (Traffic Management) the following packaging rules apply:
Total number of units = 23
7 core units plus
16 elective units, of which:
- eight (8) must be chosen from Group V
- at least two (2) must be chosen from Group W,
- with at least three (3) must be chosen from Group X,
- up to three (3) may be chosen from the electives listed below, elsewhere within this training package, or from another endorsed training package, or from an accredited course.
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
RIIBEF201E Plan and organise work
RIICCM201E Carry out measurements and calculations
RIICCM203E Read and interpret plans and specifications
RIICOM201E Communicate in the workplace
RIISAM203E Use hand and power tools
RIISAM204E Operate small plant and equipment
RIIWHS201E Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
FDFOP1003A Carry out manual handling tasks
RIIRIS201E Conduct local risk control
RIIRTM203D Work as a safety observer/spotter
RIISTD201D Read and interpret maps
RIIVEH201D Operate light vehicle
RIIWHS205E Control traffic with a stop/slow bat
RIIWHS302E Implement traffic management plans
TLIE3004 Prepare workplace documents
RIIWHS206 Control traffic with portable traffic control devices and temporary traffic signs
RIIWHS303 Position, set up and program portable traffic control devices
HLTAID011 Provide first aid
RIICCM206D Support plant operations
RIIGOV201E Comply with site work processes/procedures
RIIQUA201E Maintain and monitor site quality standards
RIIRIS301E Apply risk management processes
The Traffic Management course is delivered in standard lecture format, with demonstrations included and active participation obligatory. Written assignments will also be an essential element of the course.
Upon successful completion, graduates of the course will receive a Testamur and Record of Results.
- Be at least 15 years of age;
- Have completed Year 10 in the Australian school system or equivalent; and
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills equivalent to ACSF Level 2.
- Provision of the participant’s Unique Student Identifier (USI); and
- Provision of Australian legal photo identification for assessment purposes.
- Must wear steal cap boots
This pathway may lead to the following employment opportunities:
- Control Traffic with a stop slow bat
- Set up/implement traffic control plans
- Operate a bump truck (rigid license needed)
- Set up variable signage
- Operate light vehicle
- Work as a safety spotter/observer
Thank you again for your interest in this course program. Please contact ACTA Group’s Participant Support team on 1300 011 144 or firstname.lastname@example.org to commence the application process!