Supervisors Course G1,G8,G9 (FORMERLY S1,2,3)
This qualification reflects the role of employees who are currently working in a supervisory role or an existing employee who is considering a move into a supervisory role within metalliferous mining, coal mining, drilling & mining exploration, civil construction or LNG projects.
Upon request, ACTA Group provide flexible delivery options whilst meeting national standards of compliance and safety.
- Group booking discounts apply
- Courses run weekly/monthly
- Course times between 7am/4pm
- Classroom or Onsite Training
- Corporate packages
- Real life facilities, done with Nationally Recognised, current and competent trainers
Recognition of Prior Learning/RPL: Recognition of prior learning (RPL) is all about the skills and knowledge you’ve collected through work and life experiences and then transferring them to current training course requirements. RPL students must be able to demonstrate currency operating machine and complete all assessments without fail, to be deemed competent to operate machine safely and given a Statement of Attainment.
- Gold Coast – Burleigh Heads
- Brisbane – Salisbury (Phone booking only) $849
- Sunshine Coast – Nambour (Phone booking only) $849
- Hervey Bay (Phone booking only) $849
- Onsite – we come to your site.
Successful completion of this program will result in the awarding of the nationally accredited Units of Competency noted below.
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
RIIRIS301E – Apply risk management processes
RIIWHS301E – Conduct safety and health investigations
RIICOM301D – Communicate information
The Supervisor G1 G8 G9 course is delivered in standard lecture format, with demonstrations included and active participation obligatory. Written assignments will also be an essential element of the course.
Learners who enrol into this course must have a minimum of 3 months current onsite work experience in the Mining Industry or hold a current Standard 11 (Mining Induction) Statement of Attainment. Upon successful completion, graduates of the course will receive a Statement of Attainment
- Application of the processes and tasks to conduct WHS inspections and to identify, analyse, assess risks, recommend treatment, contribute to implementation of treatments and to monitor risks;
- Preparation, testing and documentation of site working instructions or equivalent;
- Application of safety and health investigative processes at the operational level, including the identification and collection of evidence, the analysis of evidence to identify the reasons for and results of the occurrence or situations;
- Identification and documentation of courses of action to resolve and/or prevent re-occurrence of the issues or problems;
- Effectively communicate information with other persons in the mining and resource industry; verbally and in writing. This includes report form, participating in meetings, making presentations and participating in operational level negotiations.
- Be at least 15 years of age;
- Have completed Year 10 in the Australian school system or equivalent; and
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills equivalent to ASCF Level 2.
- Provision of the participant’s Unique Student Identifier (USI); and
- Provision of Australian legal photo identification for assessment purposes.
- Must wear steal cap boots
This pathway may lead to the following employment opportunities:
- Supervisory role within metalliferous mining,
- coal mining,
- drilling & mining exploration,
- civil construction or
- LNG projects.
Thank you again for your interest in this course program. Please contact ACTA Group’s Participant Support team on 1300 011 144 or firstname.lastname@example.org to commence the application process!