Upon request, ACTA Group provide flexible delivery options whilst meeting national standards of compliance and safety.
- Group booking discounts apply
- Courses run weekly/monthly
- Course times between 7.45am/4pm
- Classroom or Onsite Training
- Corporate packages
- Real life facilities, done with industry experienced, current and competent trainers
Recognition of Prior Learning/RPL: Recognition of prior learning (RPL) is all about the skills and knowledge you’ve collected through work and life experiences and then transferring them to current training course requirements. RPL students must be able to demonstrate currency operating machine and complete all assessments without fail, to be deemed competent to operate machine safely and given a Statement of Attainment.
- Gold Coast – Burleigh Heads
- Brisbane – Salisbury
- Onsite – we come to your site.
To be awarded the Certificate III in Surface Extraction Operations, the following packaging rules apply:
Total number of units = 13
3 core units plus
10 elective units, of which:
- 1 must be from Group A
- 1 must be from Group B
- at least 3 must be from Group C
- no more than 3 may be from Group D
- no more than 2 may be from elsewhere in this or any other currently endorsed training package, or from an accredited course.
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
RIIENV201D Identify and assess environmental and heritage concerns
RIIWHS201E Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
RIIRIS301E Apply risk management processes
RIICOM301E Communicate information
RIIGOV201E Comply with site work processes/procedures
RIIQUA201E Maintain and monitor site quality standards
RIIMPO206D Conduct bulk water truck operations
RIIMPO301E Conduct hydraulic excavator operations
RIIMPO338E Conduct civil construction rigid haul truck operations
RIIVEH201D Operate light vehicle
HLTAID011 Provide first aid
RIIERR301E Respond to work site incidents
RIIERR302E Respond to local emergencies and incidents
RIIHAN301E Operate elevating work platform
RIIWHS301E Conduct safety and health investigations
The SURFACE EXTRACTION OPERATIONS course is delivered in standard lecture format, with demonstrations included and active participation obligatory. Written assignments will also be an essential element of the course.
Upon successful completion, graduates of the course will receive a Testamur and Record of Results.
- Workplace safety and risk control
- Communication, quality work outcomes, planning and work organisation
- Identification of environment/heritage concerns
- Rehabilitation of mine sites
- Be at least 15 years of age;
- Have completed Year 10 in the Australian school system or equivalent; and
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills equivalent to ACSF Level 2.
- Provision of the participant’s Unique Student Identifier (USI); and
- Provision of Australian legal photo identification for assessment purposes.
- Must wear steal cap boots
This pathway may lead to the following employment opportunities:
- Bogger Operator
- Dredge Operator
- Excavator Operator
- Face Loader Operator
- Grader Operator
- Dump Truck Operator
- Mobile Plant Operator
- Open-cut Coal Miner
- Plant Service and Maintenance Operator (Quarry)
- Quarry Equipment Operator
- Quarry Mobile Equipment Operator
- Quarry Operations Leading Hand
- Quarry Processing Plant Operator
- Scraper Operator
- Senior Open Cut Coal Miner
- Shotfirer’s Assistant
- Water Cart Operator
- Weighbridge Operator
Thank you again for your interest in this course program. Please contact ACTA Group’s Participant Support team on 1300 011 144 or email@example.com to commence the application process!