Enter And Work In Confined Spaces – Online Refresher $99.00
Enroll here: actagroup.vetr.com.au
This unit describes a participant’s skills and knowledge required to enter and work in confined spaces in the Resources and Infrastructure Industries.
This unit is appropriate for those working in operational roles undertaking work in confined spaces.
Occupational health and safety is important in any field. However, for those who often travel into confined spaces, a lack of knowledge and awareness can be especially dangerous and, in some cases, deadly. Any type of work in a confined space itself could present high risks and hazards, but these risks are greatly amplified by the type of work often performed in these locations.
Prior to entering a confined work environment everyone must be trained up to the standards set by the Australian Safe Work Standard 2865. The aim of RIIWHS202D is to reduce all risks and provide participants with all the skills needed to work safely in enclosed space. The training will also provide participants with the processes and knowledge needed to meet the standards.
This assessment is this online refresher course involves a series of quizzes with a set of questions. On completion of the course, a Refresher Statement of Completion is completed that supports practice within Civil Construction and Mining for up to the coming 2 years.
You will have 30 days from registration in the course to complete the refresher.
- Online – nationwide 24/7
Refresher training regimes are to be based around the individual’s role and responsibilities as defined by the sites safety and health management system.
- RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces (Release 4)
As a minimum, personnel need to be refreshed in their knowledge of:
- Obtain appropriate entry permit and instructions for performing work in confined space
- Interpreting and applying safe work method statements
- Apply tagging and lock out
- Selecting, wearing and caring for personal protective equipment applicable to all tasks and environment identified
- Entering the confined space
- Using atmospheric monitoring devices prior to entering the confined space
- Working in the confined space
- Using atmospheric monitoring devices during confined space activity
- Applying safe materials handling methods
- Exiting the confined space
- Remove tagging and lock out
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Have completed Year 10 in the Australian school system or equivalent; and
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills equivalent to ASCF Level 1.
As a refresher, the individual who completed this course already holds a Statement of Attainment for Enter and Work in Confined Spaces. This does not have an expiry date, however (Enter and Work in Confined Spaces Association) and industry standards recommend retraining every two years.
Refresher training is advised every two years due to changes in Australian Standards & Industry Standards. Changes in WHS legislation, Regulations and Codes of Practice are an important factor for individuals to ensure they remain current.
Authorised personal should view both the individual’s original Statement of Attainment for these units in addition to this Statement of Completion confirming induction currency has been maintained via completion of the refresher course.
Thank you again for your interest in this course program. Please contact ACTA Group’s Participant Support team on 1300 011 144 or email@example.com to commence the application process!