Certificate III in Parks & Gardens AHC31010
What is User Choice Program?
User choice is designed to provide funding aligned with industry skills needs. The program provides a government funded contribution towards the cost of training and assessment services for eligible Queensland apprentices and trainees.
What if I have industry experience?
If you already have experience in the industry you may receive recognition of prior learning (RPL) for some of the knowledge and skills you’ve gained through work and life experiences.
Benefits to the student or employer!
- No loss of productivity to student or business
- Payroll tax exemption to business
- $4000 incentive for employer to put each student through the training
- Onsite training and assessments where the trainers can come to you
4 Easy Steps
- Complete enrolment paperwork with ACTA Group and Australian Apprenticeship Support Network
- Trainer contacts student to complete the skills assessment
- Complete gap training
- Receive certificate upon successful completion of qualification
- Aged 15 years or older
- No longer attending school
- Permanently resides in Queensland
- An Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, temporary resident with necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency or a New Zealand citizen
- Not holding more than 2 certificate 3 qualifications” (not including qualifications completed at school)
Units of Competency
10 Core units listed below
AHCOHS301A Contribute to OHS processes
AHCARB302A Conduct tree inspections
AHCPGD305A Conduct operational inspection of park facilities
AHCPMG301A Control weeds
AHCPMG302A Control plant pests, diseases and disorders
AHCPCM301A Implement a plant nutrition program
AHCSOL301A Prepare growing media
AHCSOL302A Construct a soil profile
AHCTRF302A Establish turf
AHCWRK313A Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
Consist of 16 units of competency:
10 core units and 6 Elective units, can include up to 2 plant machinery tickets