Upon request, ACTA Group provide flexible delivery options whilst meeting national standards of compliance and safety.
- Group booking discounts apply
- Courses run weekly/monthly
- Course times between 7:45 am/4 pm
- 2 day course + 20hrs Practical Placement + 3 on-the-job set ups
- Classroom/Training Facility or Onsite Training
- Corporate packages
- Real life training conducted by our Nationally Recognised Industry specialist trainer and assessors.
- Gold Coast – Burleigh Heads
- Brisbane – Salisbury: (requires minimum 2 students to run class)
RIIWHS205E Control traffic with a stop/slow bat
Control traffic with a stop/slow bat course is delivered in standard lecture format, with demonstrations included and active participation obligatory. Written assignments will also be an essential element of the course.
RIIWHS302E Implement traffic management plans
Implement traffic management plans course is delivered in standard lecture format, with demonstrations included and active participation obligatory. Written assignments will also be an essential element of the course.
- Control traffic with a stop-slow bat according to traffic guidance schemes in a manner that is safe and follows workplace policies and procedures on at least two occasions, including:
- Directing pedestrian traffic, including at least one of the following:
- pedestrians with mobility issues
- pedestrians with prams
- Using approved communication devices to transmit message and report traffic offenders, including the use of at least one of the following devices:
- handheld radios
- Coordinate operations with pilot vehicle in a shuttle flow work arrangement
- Participate in risk assessment and management processes
- Identify the type and scope of hazards and their impact and recommend risk control measures
- Identify key environmental protection issues and describe required solutions
- Locate and complete at least one incident report
- Complete housekeeping requirements.
- Identify and orally report two construction hazards
- Orally explain how risk could be reduced or removed in relation to those two hazards
- Select appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) to control the risk
- Orally explain basic procedures for responding to incidents and emergencies, including types and purpose of the following fire safety equipment:
- Fire blankets
- Fire extinguishers, including water, carbon dioxide, powder and foam
- Hose reels and mains
- Identify and orally explain the meaning of required safety signs and symbols
- Orally explain the purpose of job safety analyses (JSAs), safe work method statements (SWMS) and safety data sheets (SDS)
- Orally explain the roles of the following designated health and safety personnel:
- First aid officers
- Work health and safety representatives
- Work health and safety committee members
The person must also demonstrate correctly fitting to themselves the PPE listed below:
- Eye protection
- Hearing protection
- Hard hat
- High visibility retro reflective vest.
- Implement traffic management plans in a manner that is safe and follows workplace policies and procedures on at least three separate live traffic projects, including:
- Completing at least two of the following:
- lane closure
- lateral shift
- implementing a traffic management plan at an intersection
- Completing at least one project controlling site construction vehicles.
During the above, the candidate must:
- Locate and apply required legislations, documentation, policies and procedures including documentation required for worksite projects and required traffic management
- Work with traffic control personnel to implement and complete a traffic management plan and traffic guidance scheme that meets all required outcomes including:
- Confirming all necessary resources are available, including qualified personnel
- Confirming all personnel understand, and are able to implement, their roles, task requirements, safety requirements and reporting requirements
- Communicating with others to resolve resourcing and coordination requirements prior to and during work activities
- Confirming that unattended sites and shut-down procedures are completed according to traffic management plan and traffic guidance scheme
- Complying with written and verbal reporting requirements and procedures, including reporting offending road users.
- Be at least 15 years of age.
- Have completed Year 10 in the Australian school system or equivalent; and
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills equivalent to ASCF Level 2.
- Provision of the participant’s Unique Student Identifier (USI); and
- Provision of Australian legal photo identification for assessment purposes.
- Must wear enclosed shoes
Thank you again for your interest in this course program. Please contact ACTA Group’s Participant Support team on 1300 011 144 or email@example.com to commence the application process!