RIIWHS204E Work safely at heights (Release 1)
Many wrongly assume that working at heights means working on high, multi-storey buildings. However, such dangerous situations and resulting injuries can occur at heights as low as two metres. It is therefore imperative that a working at heights course is completed regardless of the height of the platform you are working on.
Guided by legislation, the aim of this course is to teach all issues related to working at heights, so that participants can be equipped with an understanding of all the requirements and procedures. This course will help participants comply and adhere to all workplace health and safety (WHS) procedures.
With its focus on risk assessment and safety, this course will allow participants to feel comfortable and confident to work at heights – and be able to react if any dangers were to occur.
RIIWHS202E Enter and work in confined spaces
Objective (Release 1)
This unit describes a participant’s skills and knowledge required to enter and work in confined spaces in the Resources and Infrastructure Industries.
This unit is appropriate for those working in operational roles undertaking work in confined spaces.
Occupational health and safety is important in any field. However, for those who often travel into confined spaces, a lack of knowledge and awareness can be especially dangerous and, in some cases, deadly. Any type of work in a confined space itself could present high risks and hazards, but these risks are greatly amplified by the type of work often performed in these locations.
Prior to entering a confined work environment everyone must be trained up to the standards set by the Australian Safe Work Standard 2865. The aim of RIIWHS202E Enter and work in confined spaces is to reduce all risks and provide participants with all the skills needed to work safely in enclosed space. The training will also provide participants with the processes and knowledge needed to meet the standards.
Upon request, ACTA Group provide flexible delivery options whilst meeting national standards of compliance and safety.
- Group booking discounts apply
- Courses run weekly/monthly
- Course times between 7:45 am/4 pm
- 1 day course
- Classroom or Onsite Training
- Corporate packages
- Real life facilities, done with Nationally Recognised, current, and competent trainer
- Gold Coast – Burleigh Heads
- Brisbane – Salisbury/requires minimum 2 students to run class
The Work safely at heights course is delivered in standard lecture format, with demonstrations included and active participation obligatory. Written assignments will also be an essential element of the course.
- RIIWHS204E Work safely at heights
The Enter and work at confined spaces course is delivered in standard lecture format, with demonstrations included and active participation obligatory. Written assignments will also be an essential element of the course.
- RIIWHS202E Enter and work in confined spaces
Upon successful completion, graduates of the course will receive a Statement of Attainment to signify their eligibility to work safely at heights and enter and work in confined spaces for the purposes of employment.
- Locates and applies relevant documentation, policies, and procedures
- Demonstrates completion of working safely at heights that safely, effectively, and efficiently meets all the required outcomes on more than one (1) occasion including:
- Accessing, interpreting, and applying technical and safety information for working at heights
- Assessing hazards and risk associated with working at heights and implement control methods
- Selecting wearing and caring for personal protective equipment
- Identifying required safety systems including fall protection and associated equipment
- Checking that fitting, adjusting, and anchoring of fall protection and associated equipment is correct
- Performing work safely at heights
- Obtain appropriate entry permit and instructions for performing work in confined space
- Interpreting and applying safe work method statements
- Apply tagging and lock out
- Selecting, wearing, and caring for personal protective equipment applicable to all tasks and environment identified
- Entering the confined space
- Using atmospheric monitoring devices prior to entering the confined space
- Working in the confined space
- Using atmospheric monitoring devices during confined space activity
- Applying safe materials handling methods
- Exiting the confined space
- Remove tagging and lock out
- Be at least 15 years of age;
- Have completed Year 10 in the Australian school system or equivalent; and
- Have language, literacy, and numeracy skills equivalent to ASCF Level 2.
- Provision of the participant’s Unique Student Identifier (USI); and
- Provision of Australian legal photo identification for assessment purposes.
- Must wear enclosed shoes
- RII20215 Certificate II in Surface Extraction Operations
- UEG40118 Certificate IV in Gas Supply Industry Operations
- UEE21211 Certificate II in Antennae Equipment
- TLI33418 Certificate III in Waste Driving Operations
- RII30112 Certificate III in Underground Coal Operations
- RII30311 Certificate III in underground Metalliferous Mining
- RII30411 Certificate III in Resource Processing
- TLI31918 Certificate III in Mechanical Rail Signalling
- TLI21315 Certificate II in Rail Infrastructure
- RII32218 Certificate III in Well Servicing Operations
- RII3201- Certificate III in Drilling Oil/Gas (Onshore)
- RII30509 Certificate III in Mining Exploration
- RII30611 Certificate III in Small Mining Operations
- RII30709 Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response and Rescue
- RII30820 Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations
- RII30920 Certificate III in Civil Construction
- RII31609 Certificate III in Trenchless Technology
- RII30415 Certificate III in Resource Processing
- RII21215 Certificate II in Well Servicing Operations
- RII20115 Certificate II in Resources and Infrastructure Work Preparation
- ICT30519 Certificate III in Telecommunications Technology
- ICT30419 Certificate III in Telecommunications Network Build and Operation
- ICT30315 Certificate III in Telecommunications Rigging Installation
- BSB30719 Certificate III in Work Health and Safety
- AUR32616 Certificate III in Automotive Tyre Management
- AUR32116 Certificate III in Automotive Body Repair Technology
- AUR21916 Certificate II in Automotive Tyre Servicing Technology
- AHC33316 Certificate III in Feedlot Operations
- AHC30116 Certificate III in Agriculture
Thank you again for your interest in this course program. Please contact ACTA Group’s Participant Support team on 1300 011 144 or firstname.lastname@example.org to commence the application process