This qualification reflects the role of emergency response and rescue team members working in the resources and infrastructure industries, who perform tasks involving a broad range of skilled applications in a wide variety of contexts, which involve some discretion and judgement in selecting equipment, services or contingency measures.
Upon request, ACTA Group provide flexible delivery options whilst meeting national standards of compliance and safety.
- Group booking discounts apply
- Courses run weekly/monthly
- Course times between 7am/4pm
- Classroom or Onsite Training
- Corporate packages
- Real life facilities, done with industry experienced, current and competent trainers
Recognition of Prior Learning/RPL: Recognition of prior learning (RPL) is all about the skills and knowledge you’ve collected through work and life experiences and then transferring them to current training course requirements. RPL students must be able to demonstrate currency operating machine and complete all assessments without fail, to be deemed competent to operate machine safely and given a Statement of Attainment.
- Gold Coast – Burleigh Heads
- Brisbane – Salisbury
- Sth East QLD – Onsite – we come to your site.
To be awarded the Certificate III in Emergency Response and Rescue the following packaging rules apply:
Total number of units = 14
5 core units plus
9 elective units, of which:
- at least one (1) must be chosen from Group A
- at least five (5) must be chosen from Group B, of which at least two (2) must be coded RIIERR
- at least one (1) must be chosen from Group C
- up to two (2) may be chosen from the electives listed below, elsewhere within this training package, or from another endorsed training package, or from an accredited course.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the overall integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid vocational outcome.
The elective bank contains both licensed and non-licensed units of competency relating to high risk work in the resources and infrastructure industry. To be appointed under any statutory requirements in related roles, units of competency should be selected to meet the state/territory licensing requirements.
There are prerequisites to imported units listed in this qualification. Where a unit is imported as an elective care must be taken to ensure that all prerequisites specified are complied with.
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
HLTAID014 Provide advanced first aid
RIICOM201E Communicate in the workplace
RIIERR301E Respond to work site incidents
RIIRIS301E Apply risk management processes
RIIWHS201E Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
PUASAR022* Participate in a rescue operation
RIIQUA201E Maintain and monitor site quality standards
PUAEME001 Provide emergency care
PUAFIR207* Operate breathing apparatus open circuit
PUASAR025* Undertake confined space rescue
PUASAR032* Undertake vertical rescue
RIIERR205D Apply initial response first aid
RIIERR302E Respond to local emergencies and incidents
PMAWHS211 Prepare equipment for emergency response
The Emergency Response and Rescue course is delivered in standard lecture format, with demonstrations included and active participation obligatory. Written assignments will also be an essential element of the course.
Upon successful completion, graduates of the course will receive a Testamur and Record of Results.
- Be at least 15 years of age;
- Have completed Year 10 in the Australian school system or equivalent; and
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills equivalent to ACSF Level 2.
- Provision of the participant’s Unique Student Identifier (USI); and
- Provision of Australian legal photo identification for assessment purposes.
- Must wear steal cap boots
This pathway may lead to the following employment opportunities:
Please see the link for all Training Pathway options for Emergency Response and Rescue: https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/RII30719
Thank you again for your interest in this course program. Please contact ACTA Group’s Participant Support team on 1300 011 144 or email@example.com to commence the application process!