RIISAM204E Operate small plant and equipment (Release 1)
Operate small plant and equipment course provides training on the skills and knowledge required to operate in the resources and infrastructure industries.
It applies to those working in operational roles. They generally work under supervision to undertake a prescribed range of functions involving known routines and procedures and take responsibility for the quality of their own work outcomes.
You will learn to prepare for operating small plant equipment, conducting pre-start operational checks in using equipment and carrying out operator maintenance and conducting safe housekeeping activities. Adapting procedures and completing written documents for workplace procedures. Calculating resource requirements, including use of basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
While monitoring and minimising own exposure to worksite risks and hazards during activities.
Upon request, ACTA Group provides flexible delivery options to meet industry needs, whilst meeting national standards towards compliance and safety.
- Group booking discounts apply
- Courses run weekly/monthly
- Course times between 8am/4pm
- 1 day course
- Classroom or Onsite Training
- Corporate packages
- Real life facilities, done with Nationally Recognised, current, and competent trainers
- Gold Coast – Burleigh Heads
- Brisbane – Salisbury/requires minimum 2 students to run class
Operate small plant and equipment course is delivered in standard lecture format, with demonstrations included and active participation obligatory. Written assignments will also be an essential element of the course.
- RIISAM204E Operate small plant and equipment
Upon successful completion, graduates of the course will receive a Statement of Attainment to signify their eligibility to Operate small plant and equipment for the purposes of employment.
- Operate small plant and equipment on at least two different occasions, including:
- Conducting pre-operational checks
- Identifying and managing site hazards
- Identifying and using correct operating techniques to achieve optimum output while maintaining specified tolerances
- Correctly storing equipment
- Completing operator maintenance
- Clearing the work area.
During the above, the candidate must:
- Locate and apply required documentation, policies and procedures and confirm that the work activity is compliant
- Implement the requirements, procedures and techniques required to work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- Work with others to undertake work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- Communicate with others to receive and clarify work instructions and to determine coordination requirements prior to commencing and during work activities.
- Be at least 15 years of age;
- Have completed Year 10 in the Australian school system or equivalent; and
- Have language, literacy, and numeracy skills equivalent to ACSF Level 2.
- Provision of the participant’s Unique Student Identifier (USI); and
- Provision of Australian legal photo identification for assessment purposes.
- Must wear enclosed shoes
- NWP National Water Training Package
- RII Resources and Infrastructure Industry Training Package
- RII30820 Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations
- RII30920 Certificate III in Civil Construction
- RII20720 Certificate II in Civil Construction
- RII30709 Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response and Rescue
- RII30115 Certificate III in Surface Extraction
- RII32030 Certificate II in Drilling Oil & Ga (Onshore)
- NWP30219 Certificate III in Water Industry Operations
- NWP20119 Certificate II in Water Industry Operations
- RII31220 Certificate III in Civil Foundations
Thank you again for your interest in this course program. Please contact ACTA Group’s Participant Support team on 1300 011 144 or email@example.com to commence the application process!