Upon request, ACTA Group provide flexible delivery options whilst meeting national standards of compliance and safety.
- Group booking discounts apply
- Courses run weekly/monthly
- Course times between 7:45 am/4 pm
- 2 day course
- Classroom/Training Facility or Onsite Training
- Corporate packages
- Real life training conducted by our Nationally Recognised Industry specialist trainer and assessors.
- Gold Coast – Burleigh Heads
- Brisbane – Salisbury: (requires minimum 2 students to run class)
RIICOM201E Communicate in the workplace
Communicate in the workplace course is delivered in standard lecture format, with demonstrations included and active participation obligatory. Written assignments will also be an essential element of the course.
RIIWHS201E Work safely & follow WHS policies and procedures
Work safely & follow WHS policies and procedures course is delivered in standard lecture format, with demonstrations included and active participation obligatory. Written assignments will also be an essential element of the course.
- Communicate in the workplace on at least two occasions, including:
- Identifying communication strategies and systems
- Operating communications systems and equipment to convey meaning to others
- Communicating clearly and promptly to others to convey information and meaning
- Listening carefully to instructions and information
- Participating in group discussions and engage with group members respectfully
- Asking questions to clarify meaning
- Communicating concisely both written and verbally
- Interpreting communications devices
- Identifying and reporting communication faults and deficiencies.
- Work safely and follow work health and safety (WHS) policies and procedures on at least two occasions, including:
- Sourcing, interpreting, clarifying and applying site safety information
- Recognising and following health and safety instructions and information
- Clarifying and responding to information and directions
- Carrying out work instructions that comply with WHS policies and procedures
- Selecting, wearing and maintaining personal protective equipment for all activities that require personal protective equipment
- Applying safe lifting and manual handling techniques
- Identifying and reporting on WHS issues to relevant personnel
- Identifying relevant work permits and clearances
- Responding to alarms according to workplace procedures
- Completing workplace reporting procedures.
- Locate and apply required documentation, policies and procedures and confirm that the work activity is compliant
- Implement the requirements, procedures and techniques required to work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- Work with others to undertake work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- Communicate with others to receive and clarify work instructions and to determine coordination requirements prior to commencing and during work activities.
- Be at least 15 years of age.
- Have completed Year 10 in the Australian school system or equivalent; and
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills equivalent to ASCF Level 2.
- Provision of the participant’s Unique Student Identifier (USI); and
- Provision of Australian legal photo identification for assessment purposes.
- Must wear enclosed shoes
Thank you again for your interest in this course program. Please contact ACTA Group’s Participant Support team on 1300 011 144 or email@example.com to commence the application process!