RIIVEH201E Operate light vehicle
The Operate light vehicle course provides training on the skills and knowledge required to work in the resources and infrastructure industries.
It applies to those working in operational roles. They generally work under supervision to undertake a prescribed range of functions involving known routines and procedures and take responsibility for the quality of their own work outcomes.
You will learn how to plan and prepare for light vehicle operations, carrying out operator maintenance and general pre-start safety and operator procedures. Identifying and interpreting information from workplace procedures, documentation, and regulations. While monitoring and minimising own exposure to worksite risks and hazards during activities. Learning how to use a range of communication techniques and systems to communicate with others.
Upon request, ACTA Group provides flexible delivery options to meet industry needs, whilst meeting national standards towards compliance and safety.
- Group booking discounts apply
- Courses run weekly/monthly
- Course times between 8am/4pm
- 1 day course
- Classroom or Onsite Training
- Corporate packages
- Real life facilities, done with Nationally Recognised, current, and competent trainers
- Gold Coast – Burleigh Heads
- Brisbane – Salisbury/requires minimum 2 students to run class
Operate a light vehicle course is delivered in standard lecture format, with demonstrations included and active participation obligatory. Written assignments will also be an essential element of the course.
- RIIVEH201E Operate a light vehicle
Upon successful completion, graduates of the course will receive a Statement of Attainment to signify their eligibility to Operate a light vehicle for the purposes of employment.
- Operate a light vehicle on at least two occasions, including:
- Organising work activities to comply with site standards
- Identifying, selecting, and loading equipment and/or ancillary attachments
- Reporting environmental issues
- Carrying out pre-start, start-up, park-up and shutdown procedures for a light vehicle
- Operating a light vehicle, equipment, and attachments
- Correctly using the vehicle lights and indicators
- Carrying out inspections and identifying faults
- Processing written records.
During the above, the candidate must:
- Locate and apply required documentation, policies and procedures and confirm that the work activity is compliant
- Implement the requirements, procedures and techniques required to work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- Work with others to undertake work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- Communicate with others to receive and clarify work instructions and to determine coordination requirements prior to commencing and during work activities.
- Be at least 15 years of age.
- Have completed Year 10 in the Australian school system or equivalent; and
- Have language, literacy, and numeracy skills equivalent to ACSF Level 2.
- Provision of the participant’s Unique Student Identifier (USI); and
- Provision of Australian legal photo identification for assessment purposes.
- Must wear enclosed shoes
- RII Resources and Infrastructure Industry Training Package
- RII30820 Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations
- RII30920 Certificate III in Civil Construction
- RII20720 Certificate II in Civil Construction
- RII30709 Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response and Rescue
- RII30115 Certificate III in Surface Extraction
- RII20920 Certificate II in Drilling Operations
- RII20320 Certificate II in Underground Coal Mining
- RII21120 Certificate II in Oil & Gas Drilling (Onshore) and Well Servicing
Thank you again for your interest in this course program. Please contact ACTA Group’s Participant Support team on 1300 011 144 or email@example.com to commence the application process!