RIIWHS201E Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures (Release 1)
Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures course provides training on the skills and knowledge required to work in the resources and infrastructure industries.
It applies to those working in operational roles. They generally work under supervision to undertake a prescribed range of functions involving known routines and procedures and take responsibility for the quality of own work outcomes.
You will learn how to apply site safety workplace procedures to ensure you can identify, recognise, and report risks/hazards towards personal and operational safety measures. Identifying and interpreting information from workplace procedures, documentation, and regulations. While monitoring and minimising own exposure to worksite risks and hazards during activities. Learning how to use a range of communication techniques and systems to communicate with others.
Finally, how to maintain personal wellbeing and safe workplace ethics.
Upon request, ACTA Group provides flexible delivery options to meet industry needs, whilst meeting national standards towards compliance and safety.
- Group booking discounts apply
- Courses run weekly/monthly
- Course times between 8am/4pm
- 1 day course
- Classroom or Onsite Training
- Corporate packages
- Real life facilities, done with Nationally Recognised, current, and competent trainers
- Gold Coast – Burleigh Heads
- Brisbane – Salisbury/requires minimum 2 students to run class
Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures course is delivered in standard lecture format, with demonstrations included and active participation obligatory. Written assignments will also be an essential element of the course.
- RIIWHS201E Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
Upon successful completion, graduates of the course will receive a Statement of Attainment to signify their eligibility to Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures for the purposes of employment.
- Work safely and follow work health and safety (WHS) policies and procedures on at least two occasions, including:
- Sourcing, interpreting, clarifying, and applying site safety information
- Recognising and following health and safety instructions and information
- Clarifying and responding to information and directions
- Carrying out work instructions that comply with WHS policies and procedures
- Selecting, wearing, and maintaining personal protective equipment for all activities that require personal protective equipment
- Applying safe lifting and manual handling techniques
- Identifying and reporting on WHS issues to relevant personnel
- Identifying relevant work permits and clearances
- Responding to alarms according to workplace procedures
- Completing workplace reporting procedures.
During the above, the candidate must:
- Locate and apply required documentation, policies and procedures and confirm that the work activity is compliant
- Implement the requirements, procedures and techniques required to work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- Work with others to undertake work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- Communicate with others to receive and clarify work instructions and to determine coordination requirements prior to commencing and during work activities.
- Be at least 15 years of age;
- Have completed Year 10 in the Australian school system or equivalent; and
- Have language, literacy, and numeracy skills equivalent to ACSF Level 2.
- Provision of the participant’s Unique Student Identifier (USI); and
- Provision of Australian legal photo identification for assessment purposes.
- Must wear enclosed shoes
- NWP National Water Training Package
- RII Resources and Infrastructure Industry Training Package
- RII30820 Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations
- RII30920 Certificate III in Civil Construction
- RII20720 Certificate II in Civil Construction
- RII30709 Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response and Rescue
- RII30115 Certificate III in Surface Extraction
- RII20920 Certificate II in Drilling Operations
- RII20320 Certificate II in Underground Coal Mining
- NWP20119 Certificate II in Water Industry Operations
- RII21120 Certificate II in Oil & Gas Drilling (Onshore) and Well Servicing
- RII20620 Certificate III in Mining/Field Exploration
- RII31220 Certificate III in Civil Foundations
Thank you again for your interest in this course program. Please contact ACTA Group’s Participant Support team on 1300 011 144 or firstname.lastname@example.org to commence the application process!