Upon request, ACTA Group provide flexible delivery options whilst meeting national standards of compliance and safety.
- Group booking discounts apply
- Courses run weekly/monthly
- Course times between 7:45 am/4 pm
- 3 day course
- Classroom/Training Facility or Onsite Training
- Corporate packages
- Real life training conducted by our Industry specialist trainer and assessors.
- Gold Coast – Burleigh Heads
- Brisbane – Salisbury: (requires minimum 2 students to run class)
This course is delivered in standard lecture format with practical demonstrations included and active participation obligatory. Written assignments will also be an essential element of the course.
Upon successful completion, graduates of the course will receive a Statement of Attainment as well as an ID card to signify your eligibility to Undertake vertical rescue for the purposes of employment.
- Compliance requirements for equipment, access and fall arrest systems
- Software theory: harness, ropes etc
- Hardware theory
- Life rescue knots & hitches
- Anchor points / anchor systems
- Suspension trauma
- Rappelling skills
- Line ascension skills
- Rescue team ethos & ideals
- Lowering & raising systems
- Stretcher escorting & patient handling
- ‘Pick off rescues’
- Safety officer & team leader roles & responsibilities
- Belay systems & climbing skills (optional)
- Decline traverses (optional)
- Tyrolean traverses (optional)
- capabilities and limitations of rescue equipment
- casualty handling techniques
- communication methods and techniques including signals and signs
- hygiene precautions including avoiding contact with body fluids, washing hands and wearing protective clothing
- manual handling techniques
- organisational documentation which may include incident report, notebook and logbook
- organisational policies and procedures
- personal protective clothing and equipment
- personnel roles and responsibilities including other trained personnel that may support a rescue operation
- procedures for reporting injuries and accidents
- processes and procedures for briefings and debriefings
- ropes and knots
- trained personnel
- types of environmental hazards
- Work, Health and Safety (WHS)/Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) requirements including risk mitigation and safe work practices
- Hold the pre-requisite unit PUASAR022 Participate in a rescue operation
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have completed Year 10 in the Australian school system or equivalent; and
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills equivalent to ASCF Level 2.
- Provision of the participant’s Unique Student Identifier (USI); and
- Provision of Australian legal photo identification for assessment purposes.
- Must wear enclosed shoes
- PUA30419 – Certificate III in Public Safety (SES Rescue)
- PUA30420 – Certificate III in Public Safety (SES Rescue)
- PUA30619 – Certificate III in Public Safety (Firefighting and Emergency Operations)
- PUA30719 – Certificate III in Public Safety (Firefighting Operations)
- RII30719 – Certificate III in Emergency Response and Rescue