Short Courses Overview
ACTA offers a wide range of industry standard short courses that will prepare and qualify participants to work in mining and civil construction.
The short courses on offer are:
- RIIHAN301D Operate Elevating Work Platform;
- RIIWHS204D Work Safely at Heights; and
- RIIWHS202D Enter and Work in Confined Spaces.
The courses teach students:
- How to follow Workplace Health & Safety in, on and around the civil construction, general construction industry;
- How to safely operate relevant machinery and equipment; and
- How to respond to emergencies.
The skills learned in each of the courses are necessary when working in civil or even general construction. Participants will be able to apply the knowledge acquired to a wide range of projects, as the ability to work with compliance, safely and efficiently at heights and in confined spaces is much in demand, and needed for most construction projects.
ACTA’s short courses cover all operational health and safety-related issues in working at heights or in confined spaces. These skills are crucial because many tasks need to be performed in such environments, even though they can be dangerous. Knowing how to safely perform the relevant tasks, and how to proceed with all emergency protocols, will help participants work confidently and competently.
The lessons contained within these courses equip and qualify participants to work in civil construction or engineering.
All of the short courses include theoretical and practical components. This combination provides participants with a well-rounded experience and knowledge base, qualifying them to successfully work in civil construction and engineering roles.