You must have a White Card to complete this course. If you need to complete your White Card course,
Please call 07 5593 8268 and we can enrol you in our next upcoming course.
Delivery: Upon request, ACTA Group provide flexible delivery options whilst meeting national standards of compliance and safety.
- Group booking discounts apply
- Courses run weekly/monthly
- Course times between 7:45 am/4 pm
- 1 day course + 20hrs Practical Placement
- Classroom/Training Facility or Onsite Training
- Corporate packages
- Real life training conducted by our Nationally Recognised Industry specialist trainer and assessors.
- Gold Coast – Burleigh Heads
- Brisbane – Salisbury: (requires minimum 2 students to run class)
RIIWHS205E Control traffic with a stop/slow bat
Control traffic with a stop/slow bat course is delivered in standard lecture format, with demonstrations included and active participation obligatory. Written assignments will also be an essential element of the course.
On successful completion of the Traffic Control course, participants receive a Statement of Attainment for RIIWHS205D Control traffic with a stop/slow bat. All documentation required to apply for accreditation as a Traffic Controller with the Department of Transport and Main Roads will be provided.
Part 1 – In house training course (Theory):
- An 8 hour instructor led session: lectures, group discussion, a written assessment and a practical exercise in a controlled work environment.
- A Statement of Attendance is issued after successful completion of the Theory component of the course.
Part 2 – 20 hours onsite placement (Practical):
- One-on-one mentoring by an experienced traffic controller on a live job site.
- Participants need to complete a minimum of 20 hours practical experience before being assessed.
- Final onsite assessment conducted by a qualified assessor.
You can find additional course information and FAQs here: Approved Traffic Controller Training Program Information
- Control traffic with a stop-slow bat according to traffic guidance schemes in a manner that is safe and follows workplace policies and procedures on at least two occasions, including:
- Directing pedestrian traffic, including at least one of the following:
- pedestrians with mobility issues
- pedestrians with prams
- Using approved communication devices to transmit message and report traffic offenders, including the use of at least one of the following devices:
- handheld radios
- Coordinate operations with pilot vehicle in a shuttle flow work arrangement
- Participate in risk assessment and management processes
- Identify the type and scope of hazards and their impact and recommend risk control measures
- Identify key environmental protection issues and describe required solutions
- Locate and complete at least one incident report
- Complete housekeeping requirements.
To become an accredited Traffic Controller in Queensland, you must complete an approved traffic controller training course, delivered by a Department of Transport and Main Roads approved training provider.
You must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Hold a valid open or provisional driver licence;
- Have own reliable transport;
- Have completed Year 10 in the Australian school system or equivalent;
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills equivalent to ACSF Level 2;
- Provision of the participant’s Unique Student Identifier (USI);
- Provision of Australian legal photo identification for assessment purposes;
- Hold a General Construction Induction Card (White Card or Blue Card);
- Have own Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for placement;
- Meet the medical fitness criteria: Medical fitness criteria
- Meet the criminal history requirements (last 10 years);
- Meet the traffic history requirements (last 5 years);
- Must complete 20 hours of vocational placement within 3 months of training.
Additional information about the requirements of becoming a Traffic Controller can be found here: Traffic controller accreditation scheme
Thank you again for your interest in this course program. Please contact ACTA Group’s Participant Support team on 1300 011 144 or firstname.lastname@example.org to commence the application process!
Control traffic with a stop/slow bat
UPCOMING COURSE DATES
|Name||Date||Time||Duration||Service Fee||RPL Fee|
|4/19 Central Drive, Burleigh Heads QLD 4220|
|Traffic Level 1 - Control traffic with a stop/slow bat - 18th July 2022||04/07/2022 - 04/07/2022||8:00am-4pm||1 day course 20hrs Practical Placement||$499.00||$299|
|Traffic Level 1 - Control traffic with a stop/slow bat - 4th July 2022||04/07/2022 - 04/07/2022||8:00am-4pm||1 day course 20hrs Practical Placement||$499.00||$299|
|Traffic Level 1 - Control traffic with a stop/slow bat - 1st August 2022||01/08/2022 - 01/08/2022||8:00am-4pm||1 day course 20hrs Practical Placement||$499.00||$299|
|Traffic Level 1 - Control traffic with a stop/slow bat - 15th August 2022||15/08/2022 - 15/08/2022||8:00am-4pm||1 day course 20hrs Practical Placement||$499.00||$299|
|Traffic Level 1 - Control traffic with a stop/slow bat - 29th August 2022||29/08/2022 - 29/08/2022||8:00am-4pm||1 day course 20hrs Practical Placement||$499.00||$299|